Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Some joy

I have been making more blankets and enjoying it - it may sound silly but I feel very connected to Gracie while I am doing it - like encouragement.  I wish I could articulate it better - but there is a joy and peace while I am doing it.  

I will not fool myself in to thinking that I am through the hard part - did that before.  I have felt stronger the last few days  - but I know we are coming in to a difficult time with her birthday and Christmas so close together - we'll just take 1 day at a time for now.  I know how quickly I can cry - how underneath there is still so much that is raw pain  - but the last few days have been good and I am not feeling as weighed down as before.  I didn't even need to sleep 12 hours a night over the weekend. 

I keep hearing more and more little girls being called Gracie or Grace - I had no idea how popular the name was. I have really been hearing it a lot more lately  - so I've decided that when I do - she is just letting me know she's still with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment