Saturday, November 7, 2009

In honor of Gracie

One of the mom's from UofM - she is a heart mom because she also had a child with a congenital heart defect.  She has been working tirelessly to bring awareness to CHD and to also honor her son who got his wings 20 days after Gracie.  She is having a heart ball in honor of her son and working with another heart mom to collect blankets to distribute during CHD week in February. 

In honor of Gracie I made 17 blankets and bought a few more to donate.  Today  I completed them and will be sending them to her on Monday.  It seems so little,, in the big scheme of things,  but it made me feel good to do something that I pray it will bring comfort to a child/parent at the hospital.  I know we really appreciated them while we were there and it meant alot. 

I have felt more peaceful the past few days - not exactly sure why.  Maybe it was being away from the office the last 3 days - even though I was at an off site meetings & training and put in 35 hours in 3 days - I was able to speak about how it has been for me at work, which was really hard.  My boss believes in getting things out - being clear is what we call it and so she encouraged me to share what it has been like and it was very, very difficult, but I did it and the team was supportive.  So maybe that is what I need to do more - but it is so hard to do that at work and even in appropriate at times - I don't have a lot of time to keep falling a part at work,

I often think of  all the sickness happening right now, it would have been a difficult and scary time to have a child that should not get sick.  I guess it wouldn't be more scary then what we had already been through - but difficult anyway.  I think of all those children out there and their parents who are hoping they won't catch anything - so I pray for all the heart families that they will make it through this flu season without set backs.

 Ironically I just the call from my other daughter - My oldest grandson has just been diagnosed with the swine flu -

1 comment:

  1. I am so thankful that you shared this blog with me! I write it seems to help. I miss Ethin too. And I remember all to well the night I was in that room with all of you. Gracie is never far from my mind. Ethin and Gracie I just know are up there smiling playing in the fields of Heaven. And your 20 blankets is enough! It is the Heart behind them that makes the difference! Love ya, Heart Hugs and Blessings, Jessica

    ReplyDelete