Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Made my day....

These days I really find myself being able to feel very close to Gracie, carrying her inside.  I still cry but it is different, like bitter sweet tears - missing her and loving her and glad I had the chance to have her be a part of my life.    I hope she never leaves this place inside me. 

Had the pictures of all the grandkids taken with me and my daughters - we had fun doing it and we had Izabel hold a little bear to symbolize Gracie.    Izabel then decided she wanted to hold the bear in almost all the pictures and that was ok too.  The pictures turned out so darn cute. 

I know when I hang them all on the wall that it will be very apparent as Gracie's picture will not match all the rest, and will never change as they will, through the years.  She will forever remain our baby Gracie!!  She is spending her first Thanksgiving in heaven - but I am thankful she was in our lives, even though it wasn't long enough.  "bitter/sweet tears"

One of the families we met at the hospital is now back home and they are taking care of their daughter who recently had to be hospitalized again.  I follow their blog regularly to keep up dated on their daughters progress.   I don't often write comments to them, but decided to a couple of days ago.    Today when I read the blog they had written this and it made my day!!

As many of you know we met a lot of very special people while we were in Ann Arbor. We thank God for blessing these people in our lives. One of the families we met lost their little Gracie in June. We think of their family often. Louann writes to Taya and it touches our hearts that she thinks and prays for us. When we got into Taya's room at the hospital we looked up at the ceiling tile and it had the name "Gracie". We instantly knew everything would be okay. We just know that little Gracie is looking down on Taya. We pray that Gracie's family feels the warmth of friends and family and are comforted by the special memories they have of Gracie

No comments:

Post a Comment