Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day Weekend w/Family

Labor Day weekend: It was a good weekend with family at our cottage. My daughter and her son come up with us and she had a good weekend and I am glad. I know it was hard for her to see the crafters with all the little girl items and she tries to look away and pretend they are not there but I feel it too. I have another granddaughter and so I have reason to look at things but I try to say in her age range whenever possible - which let's face it - it is almost impossible as my other granddaughter is only 2 yrs. old.

I have ornaments on my tree with all my grand kids names on them and so I found a booth with ornaments and saw a bulb with a little pink angel and it stated In Memory of... I had them put her name on it and although it will be different from the rest of the ornaments, I just felt I needed to do this. Maybe because when I would talk to her at the hospital, I always stated I would love her forever and always, no matter what the out come and so I feel she deserves a place on the tree like all the other grand kids.

My daughter also has been in contact with a lawyer because there are a lot of things that she and I both feel the first hospital missed on at least 2 occasions - which I will speak more of in different post. Her case was referred to a lawyer and I could see my daughter was elated because she didn't think anyone would listen. I am very guarded about this as I am not a sue-happy person, however I agree that it should have been diagnosed earlier and I want to realize what they ignored may have made a difference in her ability to survive. But I worry that my daughter has her hopes up too much - she still has to talk with this other attorney etc. and we all konw it is a long road, at best. I know she says she doesn't care if she wins and it is not about money. She wants to make them see the effect of their poor medical treatment. I also know that she will have to endure alot and I am not sure she realizes all of it. I wish she could find an outlet to make her feel like she is making Gracie's life mean something. She is young and really trying, but I can see the anger, hurt, sadness etc. in her. She is really trying to be a great mom to her son, but I feel like she is a bubble filling up and trying not to burst - she let's out a little at a time but it is still full. Her son has become so attached to her, he doesn't want her out of his sight for long and seems to be concerned that she will be hurt or something. He is only 3 so it is hard to know what he does or doesn't understand. Sometimes he says his sister is in heaven and sometimes he says she is at the hospital - he really doesn't understand except he knows she isn't at home anymore and his Dad is not around now either. So I am sure he is afraid of losing mom too.

No comments:

Post a Comment