Monday, October 26, 2009

Experience the Grief

"The only way to get through grief is to experience it"  that is what I have been trying to avoid, but apparently that is not the best way!!  I went to my first couseling appointment today - she is very nice and I of course was a mess - normally I can talk about it just fine - but not today - guess I just needed to let it out. 

I feel totally drained, as she said I might and I am just relaxing now.   Funny how when things like this happen you withdraw, instead of letting people in and help you - it is hard to do it - it feels very un-natural for me. 

She thought that blogging was really a good outlet, but thought I was probably worried about doing it right and she is right.  So as I begin to peel back the layers of grief we'll see what falls out.   I guess I just need to start grieving and let it be whatever way it is - not easy for me to do this - but I will try.

No comments:

Post a Comment