Saturday, December 19, 2009

Gracie's 1st. Birthday



Today our angel is 1 year old.  I was remembering the 48 hours prior to her birth;  we had a huge snowstorm that night = 10" by morning.  Today we had snow again - not a big storm buy snow and flurries all day.  

Dear Gracie:

One year ago today you came in to this world.  I was so honored to be at our birth and  to know that you would also have part of my name.  Your mom did a great job all through delivery - but when you finally decided it was time, you came pretty fast at 3:30am weighing 6 1/2 lbs and 18" long. 

Today I sent up a balloon to you - a pink mylar snowman and I wrote a birthday message for you.  I watched float away until it disappeared.   Today the hole inside me was opened again, as I wished I could see you and hold again.  I want to know what you would look like today.   Your brother and I made chocolate cake and he ate enough for both of you.   He kept calling it birthday cake even though I did not speak of your special day. 

I hope you are celebrating with Ethin and all the other baby angels.  I hope that you will again fill the hole that is now open;  I miss the warmth that had come in to fill it. 

I wish I had a great poem to give you Gracie.  I also wish the new picitures of your brother and cousins, that will soon hang on the wall, would not make it so obvious that you are no longer here.  I will be making an annual donation in your name to Ronald McDonald House in Ann Arbor, which allowed your parents and me to be there with you. 

I hope you can see the lights down here this Christmas and you can see how much we miss you and love you.    I hope and pray you can somehow feel our love.

We were so blessed to have you and you brought us so much in return

Love you Always and Forever Gracie!!    Happy Birthday our forever Baby Angel.

Love, Grammie






A birthday balloon for you!!




You didn't like not being swaddled.
Coming home to Grammie's house and meeting your brother who said, "that not Gracie, that baby"




Grammie enjoying giving you a bottle after your first night home.  I was giving mom a rest, since you were up all night !!


No comments:

Post a Comment