Friday, March 19, 2010

A letter on her 15 month birthday

Well in my haste to post the letter I wrote - I found some errors in it but I know anyone would still understand it.  Actually it was pretty cathartic to write it and it just flowed out.   I hope it does some good and I hope that the world hears the pleas of all the children who have been born with CHD. 

Looking at some of the pictures again - were yes painful but I could feel the deep love for all that she went through and for all my daughter went through and continues to do so. 

Today she would have been 15 months old - so hard to imagine what she would look like now.  I know her bright blue eyes would be shining and although she wouldn't have a toothless grin - her smile would still light up the world. 

I know Gracie has been close because within in a 24 hour period - I  couldn't stop thinking about her and Katie was feeling her too and then my boss said she opened a book and it totally brought Gracie to mind - out of the blue for her.   All of us having this feeling at the same time.... silly maybe - but I believe in it. 

Love, Grammie

No comments:

Post a Comment